About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Way Back Wednesday: Makeup Fail - Rookie Mistakes

Heeeey guys! How are you doin' this Humpday?

Today, I bring you an old picture of a make up fail in honor of Way Back Wednesday. It isn't as much of a fail but more of a mistake. This was when I first really got into makeup. I thought it looked beautiful then but when I look back on it now, I just can't help but cringe...ughh.

So a little Way Back Wednesday back story. I was one of those naughty kids that got into my Mom's makeup drawer and messed with it like applying red lipstick all over my lips... and face... and everything else. I broke several lipsticks, lip liners and eyeshadows. My parents, being the strict parents that they are, forbid me to wear makeup until I was 16, that includes no painting of the nails. In 7th grade, I "borrowed" a sample Lancome eyeshadow duo from my Mom and started using that everyday. I wished I had snap some photos of how I applied those eyeshadows, I can tell you right now, it was quite hideous. This went on until I was in 8th grade. Eventually my Mom found out and I got in so much trouble. I was forbid to use makeup altogether. Fast forward to freshmen year of high school, I begged my parents to allow me to use minimal makeup like eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss. They miraculously allowed me to wear minimal makeup and light colored nail polishes. I remembered I kept pushing the limit and applied a little eyeshadow and nude lipsticks every now and then to see if they noticed and if they did, would they say anything. They were surprisingly okay with it. Towards the end of my freshmen year, I straight up asked them if I can just full out wear makeup. They said yes but with some restrictions, like no bright, red lips, smoky eye, face makeup like foundation and no dark nails like black or chocolate brown, although bright colors like blue, pink and green were okay. After all of the hardships I endured, I only continued to wear makeup on a daily basis for the next year or so. Around Junior year, classes started getting harder and homework piled up and I just didn't feel like putting effort into my makeup anymore. So my makeup applying days were over for a good while until the Summer of my Senior year, preparing for college. I actually had some free time to looked into different makeup lookstechniques and whatever else. So my makeup obsession officially started that Summer.

Without further adieu, I present you me during my freshmen year of high school....

l (3)

CRINGE..... those eyebrows, eyeshadow and eyeliner... Rookie mistakes.

I, like many of you, went through a phase of  thin eyebrows. I have naturally bushy, dark brows so back then, I hated that. Everyone I knew had nice thin, groomed browsYeah... Although I still am not completely happy with my current brows, I like it much better thick and dark.

I had an unnatural love for black pencil liner back then and would use it to rim my lower water line all day, everyday. You can probably see that my eyes are really small and closed up because I rimmed the entire water line with black eyeliner. I didn't know about lining my upper lash line and was afraid to use liquid or gel liner so the lower water line was all that was going on.

Eyeshadow... the dang eyeshadows. I used to love sporting bright, bold shadowsjust one shadesmeared that all over my lids. Eventually I took that one step further and took the bright shadow to my lower lash line as well. Lemme tell you, I did not what blending was and blending did not know me. I was basically a panda instead of black eyes, I had bright pink, purple, blue, teal, green eyes. You can't really tell from the pic above, but I used a really bright, bright pink blush as eyeshadows to become a raccoon.

Probably the only thing I did right was my lips. I'm not sure how I can even mess that up but I'm glad I didn't. I think that was a tinted gloss I had on. Either way, hooray for something right.

I think it would be fun if I recreate this look again, only now I can perfect it. To see how much of a difference that'll make.

Hope this was a fun read for ya'll. Come back soon! As always, thank you for visiting and thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment