About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Today's Make Up: Sunday Family Dim Sum

Happy Easter everyone! How has your Sunday/weekend been? I went to a family BBQ yesterday, I ate so much I was still full this morning....gahhhh! Just now, I got back from having dim sum with the family...I overateDefinitely overate. Feels like my tummy can explode any second. It was worth every bite though. :P Starting today onward, there will probably be a BBQ every other weekend, if not every week. Can't be lazy and gotta run, run, ruuuuun.

I usually post mask recipes on Sundays, but since I wore some products that I don't usually wear today, thought I should share them with you. Sooo yeah, here is what's on my face today.

Today's Make Up: Sunday Family Dim Sum

FACE
Maybelline Baby Skin
Revlon Photo Ready Concealer in Light
Skin79 Diamond Crystal Pearl BB Cream Lighting 3D
Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Fair
Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer in Sun Glow
BH Cosmetics Floral Blush Duo in Lilac

EYES
NYX Eyeshadow Base in ESB02
Wet N Wild Color Icon Trio in Sweet As Candy
BH Cosmetics Party Girl Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Chase & Star
Maybelline The Mega Plush Volume Express Mascara (Waterproof)

LIPS
Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Cotton Candy

I am full Asian for anyone wondering. I am the first generation to be born and raised here in the U.S., my parents and all other relatives immigrated here some 30+ years ago. When my family gathers, we are loud, we are gossipy, we are very stereotypical... When my aunts unite, they gossip, they judge and they worry about things beyond their business. I mention this because, for the record, I need to basically be very careful with my make up. I don't wanna be told that my make up looks like a whore or a clown or whatever. So whenever I attend a family gathering or get together, I keep my make up "toned down" and "simple"...pffft, yeah, anything but.

In order to achieve that "flawless", "effortless" "natural" look, first I primed my face with Baby Skin to minimize the pores. I used the creamiest stick concealer I own, to draw my warrior make up. I used a cream stick concealer because I find that they perform better in hot, humid conditions and sweatproof than other types of concealer. From the humid condition, other concealers may start setting into the fine lines or what not. I keep mentioning hot and humid condition because Asian restaurants are usually like that; it's like they don't even have the AC on, the crowded table we'll squeeze into sure won't help. So I need my make up to be element proof. I make sure that my concealer is all blended out, then I used a beauty blender to apply my Skin79 Diamond Crystal Pearl BB Cream. I like using a a sponge or my fingers to apply BB Cream because it looks more natural that way, rather than a brush. I dunno, Asian BB Creams are just formulated that way. This Diamond Crystal Pearl BB Cream has a dewy, glowing finish. You can probably guess from the name Diamond Crystal Pearl that it is quite glowy. It's so glowing that it can easily be mistaken as an oily mess. It's not at all a low maintenance BB Cream like the others at all, so I only use this on special occasions, when I have time to keep tending to it. To tone down the glowing a bit, I set my face with my Nearly Naked powder which has a matte finish. It evens it out. For a natural look, I always use a cream bronzer. It blends better, without looking too harsh. I apply the cream bronzer where I normally would contour and just blend it out. One can never go wrong with a pretty pink-lilac blush. I applied it on the apples of my cheeks; I also used the highlight from the same palette as well. Highlight along with the contour gives my face dimension...don't want a flat face now.

The eyes, the most complicated, yet equally fun step in all the make up looks. Always remember to prime, prime, prime! Using a primer not only helps prevent creasing, it also prolong the eyeshadow's shades and wear. Not to mention it helps your shadow glide on nicely. Today, I used my NYX primer, it's a shimmery type. Whenever I think of youthfulness and cutenesspink always comes to mind. I want my eyes to show some pink yet still keep it fairly naturalSweet As Candy is one of my first trios I got  from Wet N Wild. All three shadows are just to die for. It has the most gorgeous, subtle pink I've yet to see. When it's on my eyes, it attracts just the right amount of light. It's such a pretty color. So I took the "browbone" to my browbone and inner corner of my eyes. Then I took a flat eyeshadow brush and dab, dab, dab "eyelid" - that gorgeous pink, all over my lids. All. Over. Lastly, I took "crease" to my outer V and dragging it back along my crease. I used a clean fluffy brush to then blend out the crease to soften it up. I went back to my other brush and picked up more of "crease" and took that to my lower lash line, dragging it out...not passing the pupil. I went back to my clean fluffy brush and blended out for a soften smoky effect. Liquid or gel liner is too harsh for such a natural look, so I used my Gel Eyeliner Pencil from BH Cosmetics. I used Chase, a rich dark chocolate shade to line my upper lash line and also tightline my upper waterline. Now, here is the key part, instead of flicking the liner in an upward position to create a cat wing, I pulled my liner downward. Not too long though, just a bit further than where my lashes end. By doing this, it creates a puppy like eyes. In Asia, this look is very popular because who doesn't think puppy eyes are the cutest ever?? I took another Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Star, a basic nude/champagne/beige shade and rimmed my entire lower waterline with that to further open up my eyes. Lastly, curl them lashes and mascara top and bottom.

I needed a lip product that one, can be long lasting because I will be doing a lot of talking, eating and drinkingtwomoisturizing, I don't want no dried up, cracked lips mid-brunch and three, I want a youthful pretty color that will complement my cheeks and eyes. Only one range of lip products come to mind that meets all three requirements. *drum rollRevlon Lip Butter! Yaaaaaaay!!!! Lip Butters are everything the rave is about. It feels like a balm, with the pigmentation of a lipstick and longevity of a stain (a little exaggerating). What more can one ask for in a lip product...drug store lip product?! I chose to wear Cotton Candy, a cute baby pink with hints of lilac... Because nothing screams youthfulness than beautiful light pink lips. ;)
Today's Make Up: Sunday Family Dim Sum - Pink/Lilac
Blush: Lilac Eyeshadow: Sweet As Candy Lips: Cotton Candy
Thank you so much for visiting and thanks for reading. Hope you had a great Sunday and weekend. I'll see ya'll back here tomorrow for another Manicure Monday. See ya! :)

P.S. I mentioned this a while ago, but I'm thinking about posting vids on Youtube, in addition to blogging. It's better visuals for you all. I know there are a whole lot of beauty gurus already on Youtube, but I'm thinking about doing it a little differently. Maybe record all of my make up looks, "Today's Make Up" and post the weeks' worth of video at the end of the week. And when I do iPsy, iPsy updates, favorites and such, it'll be more detailed. I dunno...what do you guys think? Is anyone interested? Please "like" if you're interested and/or comment for suggestions. What do you wanna see?

Or you can find me on Twitter, @DramaBeautyPop by using the hashtag #DramaBeautyPop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment