About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Thursday, November 13, 2014

e.l.f. (Eyes Lips Face) 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette - Spring Edition

Happy Thursday everyone! This week seemed to have flew by because I woke up today, realized it was Thursday and kinda just, gasp aloud. LOL. My goodness... It is true when they say as you get older, time will just fly by you and there's nothing you can do. Haha.

But any who, I hope you're all having a fantastic day, nonetheless. I, myself am having a great day as well. Very productive I must say. Although I didn't leave the house today I did manage to be productive staying in. It was one of those, staying in with a candle lit and a mug of hot cocoa in hand, and K-Pop blaring in the back. Haha. Can't forget the K-Pop.

What did I do today that I deemed productive you might ask? Well I decided to mess around with my 100 piece of eyeshadow palette for inspiration eye makeup for the holiday seasons, which we all know are fast approaching. Ugh... As much as I love, looove the holiday season, it is one heck of a season for stress.

Anyways, I experimented on different eye looks for the upcoming holiday events such as Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas party, office party, New Years and such and such. You get the idea. LOL. I created a lot of looks, using only one palette.

ELF 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette - Spring Edition & Swatches

This here is the e.l.f. Spring Edition 100 Piece Eyeshadow Palette. I picked this up maybe last Spring or two Springs ago from Target. Like most eyeshadows, I used this nonstop for ta short time after I purchased it but as time went by and I purchased new products, it kinda got pushed aside. I now use this palette, mostly for experiments and such. Within the 100 eyeshadows from the palette, there are a large range of different types of finishes, satin, glittery, matte, so on so forth. I wouldn't say this is 100% hit, but there are definitely more hits than miss. 

What I especially love about e.l.f. eyeshadows are if they are a hit, the pigmentation is nothing short of amazing. The application is like spreading soften butter. The eyeshadows can be worn wet or dry and it's not too bad with fall outs. Even if a shadow is a miss, I have never experienced flakiness or my brush not being able to pick up the shadow as it has happened with other drug store brands.

 I had about 50/50 rate of success today. Some looks were absolutely ridiculous while others came out beautifully. Some of the success looks were selfie-logged so I can recreate it with different products and more detailed.

For Thanksgiving, I tried out a brown-orange combo which turned out okay. I also did a colorful look, ya know, inspired by the children's version of the turkey's tail feathers. Besides the colorful look, I realized that I used a lot of warm, neutral colors like brown, caramel, beige and sorts alike.

I also did Christmas. I started out with the most cliché, gold and worked my way down to red and green combination. For Christmas, there are a lot of occasions that might require different types of eye makeup. Evening parties are more sexy and glamorous while day gatherings are more sweet and Wintery. I really need to be creative here.

For New Years, it is all about the smoky eyes and glitter. Glitter, glitter, GLITTER, every where. Haha. For New Years, we need to go ALL out and just have fun with it, right? So I did the most smokiest of smokies and I loved it. After the New Year's inspired looks though, I had to quit experimenting. My eye area was getting kinda tender from all the wiping and cleaning.

I cannot wait to share these looks with y'all. What would you guys want to see be done? I mean, please do give me some inspirations. Feel free to contact me on any platforms I am available on, or simply leave me a comment.

Although today's post wasn't all that informing, I still hope you all enjoyed my rant. Hope you'll enjoy the rest of your day.

As always, thank you for visiting and thanks for reading. Please come back soon. :)
____________________

SONG OF THE DAY/MOMENT


No comments:

Post a Comment