About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Monday, December 22, 2014

Manicure Monday: Christmas 2014

Happy Monday before Christmas everyone!! D-3 until the final countdown, but who's counting. Haha. I hope y'all had a great weekend! Did y'all get a chance to check out my skincare posts all weekend long? It's never too late, a warm mask for a chilly day, a DIY mud mask or even a simple almond scrub to cleanse the pores. Chem em out and pamper yourselves over the holiday break.
Speaking of Christmas literally being around the corner and given that today is Monday, today's manicure will be Christmas inspired! Many of the designs were done last year but I really adored em so I created them again this year. If you are interested in the Christmas 2013 manicure, please just click the link, provided for your convenience. :D
So let's get started! Below are the cutesy manicures for this year. Pick and choose your favorite and let me know which ones you will be trying out yourself or just simply love. :)
Christmas Manicure 2014

RIGHT HAND
Thumb - Snowman
Index Finger - Santa Hat
Middle Finger - Dotted Wreath
Ring Finger - Santa Suit
Pinky - Present
On my right hand, we have a snowman, a Santa hat, an illusion of a wreath with dots, a Santa suit and a present completed with a bow.
For the snowman, I first applied a white nail color, in various coats. After the coats were completely dried, I applied thick black strip at the bed of my nail for the hat. Depending on how pigmented your nail color is, you may need to do several coats; I was able to get away with just one. Using a dotting tool, I dipped it into the black nail color to create the eyes and smile. Lastly, I used the smallest dotting tool to create a pointy orange carrot nose for our snowman here.
I created a triangular shape of red on my nail, doing two coats for the red to be super vibrant. When that is dried, I used a white color to create a fluffy circular shape at the pointy tip and also a white strip at the bottom for that fluffy fur we are all familiar with . Easy peasy Santa hat!
I started off with two thin coat of white nail color, allowing the coats to completely dry before moving on to the next step. This next step requires many sizes of dotting tools but if you don't own dotting tools, a bobby pin or a toothpick should do the job just as well. With my various size of dotters, I started dotting various colors in a circular shape, resembling a wreath. Make sure the size differs, large ones next to tiny ones next to small ones. Do not go overboard because too many dots will make it look messy, however, too few dots will not look right either.
After my two thin coats of red color was dried, I used a black color to create a black strip across my nail for the belt. Then I took the white to the tip and nail bed as the fluffy white fur on Santa's suit. Using a small dotting tool, I dotted three dots for the buttons and when the black strip was dried, I created a little box as the belt buckle.
Because my other 4 nails were already bright, I used a dark shade for my pinky instead, navy blue to be exact. Using a pretty glittery silver color, I create an inverted cross and when that dried up, I used a toothpick to create a little white bow. A wrapped presents, completed with a bow. :P
LEFT HAND
Thumb - Santa Claus
Index Finger - Reindeer (Rudolph??)
Middle Finger - Dotted Christmas Tree
Ring Finger - Elf Suit
Pinky - Christmas Lights
As for the left hand, we have ol' St. Nick himself, what I'd like to consider Rudolph, an illusion of a Christmas tree in the form of dots, an elf outfit and a string of Christmas lights.
To create Santa Claus, I applied a red strip at the nail bed, not too thin but do not let it exceed half the nail either. Using a white shade, I applied it on the tip of my nail for the beard, so do it as thickly as you wish. However, do not stop there, use the white on the sides as well and even as the fluffy white fur on the hat as well. Then I used dotting tools to create the eyes, nose and lips.
Using a brown shade, I created a half circle at the tip of my nail. While I allow the brown to dry, I used toothpicks to create the antlers on my reindeer. When the brown finally dried, I used a red shade at the very tip for the red nose... So I guess I'm creating Rudolph? Haha. Lastly, I used a dotting tool to create the eyes; white inside the black to make it more lively.
Like the wreath on my right hand, I did exactly everything the same with the exception of dotting in a triangular shape instead, like a Christmas tree.
When the two thin coats of green dried completely, I created a black strip like I did to the Santa suit on the other hand. Using a lighter green shade, I dotted three dots for buttons and also created a collar at the nail bed. When the black belt is dried, I used a dotting tool to create the belt buckle.
Unlike the other white backgrounds, I only applied one thick coat to my pinky. When that is dried, I used a bobby pin, dipped in black to create a string, vertically. Make sure the black is completely dried before creating the light bulbs; you do not want the black to get mixed in with the lighter shades. Create the light bulbs with any shades you desire. I chose red, blue and neon yellow.
To finish off my lovely manicures, I used Seche Vite as a top coat to keep my manicure chip free until I decide to remove it next week!
So which ones did you like best? Do lemme know down below because sharing is caring. And what do you have on your nails for this Christmas? :P
Thank you for dropping by for a visit and thanks a bunches for reading. Hopefully it was as enjoyable of a read for you as it was for me creating it. Y'all enjoy the rest of your day now. Please come back soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment