About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sunday Mask: Almond Scrub & Lip Scrub

Happy Sunday everyone! Weekend is coming to an end but hope y'all had a fun-filled weekend. Ya know, going out is fun and all, but sometimes, staying in and pamper yourself isn't bad either. Case in point today, I'm just staying home getting things done all the while whipping up a few scrubbies to pamper myself while I go about.
I’m leaving y’all with my two super trusted scrub recipes I have used for years and years. One is an almond scrub for the face while the other is a lip scrub. Go ahead and check them out down below. If you give any of the recipes a go, please do let me know your experience with ‘em. :P
almond scrub
ALMOND SCRUB
You will need:
– 1 teaspoon of Almond Powder
– 1 teaspoon of Honey
– Water (optional)

What to do:
– Mix 1 teaspoon of Almond Powder and Honey to form a paste  in a small bowl
* You can apply the paste just like that or you can add a tad water to make it more liquidy.
How to use it:
– I recommend using a brush to apply the paste onto the face
– Leave on for about 5 to 10 minutes
– Use your fingers to massage your face, the grains act as an exfoliation
– Rinse with warm water and finish with a splash of cool water
– Pat to dry
_____ <3 _____
lip scrub
BROWN SUGAR, HONEY LIP SCRUB
What you’ll need:
– 2 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
– 1/2 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
– 1/2 Tablespoon of Honey
What to do:
– Mix everything together thoroughly.
– Place the scrub in a covered container.
– Refrigerate for about an hour.
How to use it:
– Mix the scrub again with a spoon to make sure everything is blended.
– With the spoon or your fingers, pick up as much scrub as you feel adequate.
– Gently massage the scrub onto your lips, in a back and forth, up and down motion for about 30 seconds.
(You can also use a soft-bristle toothbrush too.)
– Rinse with warm water.
– Gently wipe clean.
– Apply your favorite lip balm for hydration.
I use this scrub diligently during the cooler seasons like Fall and Winter. I do use it from time to time during the Summer and Spring, but not my lips doesn’t need that much of a boost in warmer seasons. Fall/Winter trends call for dark, vampy lips. From wearing such lip colors constantly can and will stain your lips and make them appear more pigmented than they should. Using this scrub weekly will lift away those stains, keeping your pouters pretty and pink.
Hope y’all enjoyed this post. As always, I really appreciate each and everyone of my visitors. Thanks a bunches for reading. Come back tomorrow for another manicure post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment