About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Monday, February 02, 2015

Manicure Monday: Haze of Love

Monday greetings my loves! I hope you all had a great weekend. I had a very productive, yet awesome weekend so I can't complain really. :P
Who watched the Superbowl yesterday?? Maaaaan, wasn't that halftime show just freaken AMAZING?! Katy Perry was just perfect... Her makeup, her outfits, those shoes,  her stages, those backup dancer sharks. Hahaha, everything was awesome! Oh, and also good game too.
Back to business, today is Monday, also known as the day I switch up my nails. Welcome to another Manicure Monday post!! :D This week, I had a veeeeeeeery special someone help me pick out the shade. Said person picked "maroon" and maroon it shall be. Now, I am bad with colors but does maroon and the current color of the year, marsala kinda looks the same? Kinda? Maybe...?
Manicure Monday: Haze of Love
 You be the judge. I'd say this is close enough and could be passed as being the color of the year manicure. LOL.

Wet N Wild Mega Last Salon Nail Color in Haze of Love
Sephora by OPI Nail Color in Dance Til Fawn
NYC In A Minute Sparkle Top Coat in Big City Dazzle
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Smooth & Strong Base Coat
I applied two thin coat of Haze of Love, allowing plenty of dry time in between coats, which did not take long at all. Wet N Wild Mega Last has got this down, so major kudos to them.
So what's better than a quick dry time? A nail color that only requires ONE coat that is also quick to dry. I applied one thick coat to my middle finger and it almost instantaneously dried to a smooth, shiny finish.
The most tedious one of all, Big City Dazzle took like 5 million coats to become as it is. Big City Dazzle is a top coat, co it is very, very sheer and liquidy but I wanted to wear it as a nail color, one that would not show my bare nails. I just kept layering on the nail color until it got to the intensity of my desire. But no, it didn't really take 5 million coats, maybe about ten or so.
I took a Q-Tip, dipped it in nail polish remover and cleaned off the nail bed of my thumb and index finger in the shape of a half moon. This isn't necessary but I just wanted some versatile to make the manicure less boring.
Last but not least, I used a medium sized dotting tool to create the bow on my middle finger. First, to center the bow, I dot a tiny dot in what seems to be the center. Then I drew a triangle on each side of the  dot to create the bows. With a slightly larger tool, I dotted the center with Haze of Love for a pop.
Thank you for stopping by and thanks a bunches for reading. I hope y'all enjoyed this post. Do have a fantastic rest of the night now and please come back soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment