About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Face Routine & Products Used

Spring Skin Care Products

Hi guys! It's finally Thursday! For some, there is one day left until the glorious weekend but for others, their weekend started as of now. Congrats! ;)

I'm having some sort of nostalgic feel as I write today because it reminds me of my very first post! If you remembered, my very first post was about Winter Face Routine, a very plain and lacking post. Today though, I will share with you my current Spring Face Routine. Has it been that long already? A season has passed and a new one started and soon enough, summer will arrive. This is how time works I guess.... :/

You'll probably notice that many (if not all) products in today's post were also in the Winter's post, that's because those products work for me year round or it is very essential in my daily routines. On top of old products, there are quite a few new products, but if you're a regular on my blog, you'll see that they regularly show up in my make up posts. Let's check out what's new and what remained on my routine list.

1. Clean&Clear Morning Burst Shine Control Facial Cleanser & Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
2. Dickinson's Witch Hazel Toner
3. Olay Complete Moisturizer with SPF 15 for Oily Skin & Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Moisturizer with SPF 15
4. Pixi Concealer in Brightening Peach AND Covergirl & Olay Concealer Balm
5. Covergirl Outlast Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation & IPKN NY Firm & Moist BB Cream
6. Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder
7. Clean&Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser & Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub
8. St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackheads Control
9. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque & Freeman Facial Peel-Off Mask Cucumber
10. DIY Almond Mask or any DIY Mask Recipe I've posted

 Spring Skin Care Products Cleansers
Spring Skin Care Products Masks & Scrub
Spring Skin Care Products Skin Care & Make Up

Although the temperature has not reached the high-90s or into the 100s yet, it has been a constant high-70s and 80s. My skin and the temperature are in perfect sync, the higher the temp, the oilier I get. So to prevent this, I start my morning off with a good cleaning with either my Clean & Clear Shine Control or Aveeno Skin Brightening scrub. I alternate them regularly because I feel that when i do use them regularly everyday, it's no longer as effective. I don't necessarily alternate them every other day, I use them in an irregular pattern. I've used the Aveeno scrub since I was...maybe 13 or 14; it's been great maintaining my skin. I only use it in the Spring/Summer time however because I find that it dries me out a lot during the Winter months. As for the Clean & Clear, I have used many of their products in the past five/six years and this particular product maybe two or three years. I pull this out as soon as the temperature reaches the mid-70. It really mattifies my face as soon as I pat it dry.

You will continue to see Dickinson's Witch Hazel Toner on my blog over and over again. You'll see it appear in every seasons' skin care routine, year round. This is by far the best toner I have used up to date, not to mention that it is super affordable. This toner keeps my skin in check, meaning no outrageous breakouts. Ever. This toner is like a treatment in itself, use it on a constant basis and your oily skin will decrease day by day, bit by bit. I use this twice a day, once in the morning before apply make up and once at night after removing make up. It picks up all the impurities like make up, dirt and oil from the pores, leaving the skin baby-bottom soft. It's an amazing toner and I don't know what I'll do without it. Hopefully Dickinson's will never discontinue this toner.

I use Olay Complete Moisturizer for Oily Skin and nothing else during the Winter months. It gives me plenty of moisture without being oily. I still use this moisturizer in the warmer months, although sometimes I feel like it's too heavy. I tend to shy away from this when my skin has some sort of breakout or it becomes slightly sensitive like after going swimming. Rather, I would opt for the less thick moisturizer like Aveeno; it feels lighter on my skin. Although not as thick a formula as Olay, it still goes a superb job in moisturizing my skin. The only downside is this isn't very oily skinned friendly. I take advantage that it's still Spring and the the temp is still mild so it's still forgiving.

Surprise, surprise, Pixi concealer one of the Spring routine products. It is a high-end brand of the drug store, this particular concealer was $14 at my local Target. Let me tell you though, it is worth every cent. This concealer is super creamy, does not dry me out during the cooler months and is not greasy in the warmer months. Up until now, it still has not given me any problems in the areas where I applied it. A little goes a long way and it is UH-MAZING in concealing those pesky dark circles; another amazing quality it has is it does not settle in the fine lines that other concealer might do. It continues to be my favorite concealer for the under eyes. While I adore Pixi for my dark circles only, I enjoy using Covergirl & Olay concealer balm everywhere else. Again, this formula is sooo creamy, it blends so well and it lasts forever and a day. On days when my skin is behaving well, I can easily use just this concealer alone and I'm good to go. Like the other concealer, this one also does not further give me problems maintaining my oily skin.

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation is probably my top favorite foundation, hands down. Ever since this foundation came into my life, it overtook the first place from Revlon Color Stay Whipped foundation. I wore this all Summer last year, it made my Summer experience ten times better. I spent less time blotting my face and more enjoying my Summer. When I went on vacations, this was the only foundation I took, it fared well in both the humid California weather and the dry Vegas heat. This Spring/Summer, whenever I need a full coverage foundation, it has been and will be my go to choice. When I need light coverage or want that natural face, I'll use my IPKN NY BB Cream that I got the deluxe sample in my February iPsy bag. I did not instantly fall in love with this BB Cream, it actually took me a while to actually appreciate it. By now, I've used this almost daily and I'm almost out. I'm contemplating if I should purchase the full size. It's $35 so...kinda pricey. But overall, I've worn this BB Cream with and without setting it. I've also worn this with and without concealers even though this BB Cream can double up and be used as a concealer. So far, it has not given me any oily problems. I'll use the rest sparingly and wait to see how it fares when the temperature rises.

There's nothing left to say about this Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder. I use this the most out of all my setting powder. It is light weight, it mattifies  and sets my foundation and BB Cream well. It didn't dry me out or gave me dry patches in the winter and it keeps my make up in place.
After I take off my make up, I will cleanse my face using Clean & Clear Facial Cleanser to pick up what the make up wipes left behind. There's nothing special about this cleanser to rant about. I just find that it works for me, it doesn't break me out or any weird reactions to it. I will do this immediately after I take off my make up. But this Biore scrub, I only use when I shower. Just a pea sized amount is good enough to massage it onto my face. As I massage it onto my face, I can feel the dirt and oil lift from my pores. The face feels especially refreshing after getting out of the shower.

If I wear make up everyday that week, I will use this scrub once every other day or two days. I really like St. Ives scrubs because one, they smell super nice and two, I love how the grains feel against my skin. Just last year, in the middle of Summer, I started breaking out, bad. I think it had something to do with the chlorine. So what I did was use this scrub as soon as I got out of the pool. I would lather this all over my face and neck and just massage away. This helped sooo much. The break out ceased and my skin returned to normal. By the end of Summer, I went through like three or four jars; thank goodness they're affordable.

Using face masks is a vital step in order to maintain clear skin during the warm seasons. I use many masks, but I want to share with ya'll the two that I use the most. One of them is a clay mask and the other a peel-off mask. I alternate these store-bought masks with my DIY masks. I use this clay mask usually on Friday; after a week's worth of make up build up, this clay formula will grab every single impurities from the root of the pores. You can actually see the mask set into your pores as it dries. As for the peel-off mask, I use this on Sunday nights, it's like prepping the canvas to ready it for Monday's use. It soaks up the oil from the skin and usually makes my skin less oily for the next day or two.

Ahhhhhh, and that's it guys. It was long and lengthy post but I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for visiting and thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment