About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Friday, April 18, 2014

Today's Make Up: Spring 2014 Trend 4

Helllllllo Friday everybody! Woooo-hooo! I always wish ya'll a relaxing weekend, but I doubt that'll happen this time... Cause here comes Easter weekend!

I'm not doing anything fancy, just a lot of family gatherings. I have a BBQ to attend on Saturday and a Dim Sum brunch on Sunday. Tis a busy weekend indeed. There will be lots of yummy foods to enjoy so I'll surely over-stuff my face. Can't be lazy today, gotta run to make room for those delicious food.

I've been out running errands all day and didn't have much time to blog so today's post will be kept quite short and to the point. I gotta make time to run... :( booooo.

Today's Make Up: Spring 2014 Trend 4

FACE
NYC Cover Stick in Natural
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB in Light/Medium
Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Fair
Hard Candy Baked Bronzer in Tiki
Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Dance
Jane Multi-Colored Cheek Powder in Peach Bouquet

EYES
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Glammy Goes To...
Wet N Wild Color Icon 8-Pan in Walking the Red Carpet
J.Cat Beauty Sparkling Cream Palette in Volta
Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Hot Chocolate
Maybelline The Mega Plush Volume Express Mascara (Waterproof)

LIPS
Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Apple Pink

Today's incorporated Spring trend is gilded gold lids. There is no doubt the eyes are main focal point in this look, so I kept everything else light and simple.

Besides the fact that I used a light coverage BB Cream rather than a medium/full coverage foundation is basically the only main difference in my face make up. A light BB Cream and a concealer can conceal and even out my skin tone all the while still maintaining a natural look. A foundation might make it look too heavy and thus, no longer natural. For everything else, I did what I normally do, contour and highlight. Since I will do  gold eyes, I wanted to keep my cheeks in a similar shade range as a tie-in. I chose a nice matte coral blush with a yellow undertone.

Today's Make Up: Spring 2014 Trend 4 - Gold

I will pile on a lot of products on my eyes, so I used a trustworthy primer to make sure everything is in place until I decide to take it off.  Then a gave my lids a base by applying a gold cream shadow all over my lids. I took the pretty gold shadow from my Wet N Wild palette and took that all over my lids, on top of the cream shadow. I used "browbone" on the right to highlight my browbone and inner corner, and "crease" from the left to my outer V and crease to give my eyes definition. I didn't want to wear a liquid or gel liner because that might be too harsh and contrast with the glitter I'll apply later so I opt for a pencil liner and set that with a powder shadow. Lastly, the most fun step of the entire look, applying the gold glitter. I used the beautiful, cream gold glitter from J.Cat Beauty's Volta palette, that I got in my iPsy bag a while ago. I used my fingers to pick up the glitter and dabbed it onto my lids. I packed it on, all over. Be very careful because it could get messy...

I didn't even bother wearing a lipstick because any lipstick would be too bold in my opinion. I used a tinted lip balm instead, in a sheer rosy pink shade. This lip balm is from this month's iPsy bag, which I will talk about tomorrow; so if you think this Cailyn lip balm is so cute, check back here tomorrow!

That's it guys, hope you're having a great evening. Thanks for visiting and thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment