About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Hard Candy Baked Eyeshadow Duos - Peace & Blind Date

Hard Candy Baked Eyeshadow - Peace & Blind Date

Helllllo everyone! It is Thursday once again. With just a blink of an eye, it is now the 1st of May. We're almost half way through the year, can you believe that? Wow...

But hey, it's May, it's pretty much Summer in Arizona. If you're anything like me, I don't wanna be cooped up indoors all day, I just wanna be out and about, basking the sun's warmth. I tend not to wear too much make up during the Summer, just a quick-fixer-upper and I'm out.  I don't want to waste 15 minutes blending out my eye shadow, I'd rather be out. Don't get me wrong, I still have my therapeutic make up applying session maybe twice or three times a week. Just not everyday, it's Summer Vacation now.

So today I wanna talk about my favorite baked eyeshadow products from the drug store, and they are Hard Candy Baked Eyeshadow Duos, I have two, Peace and Blind Date. When It comes to baked products, Hard Candy and Milani automatically comes to mind, and now ELF too. I like Milani for their baked blush and ELF for their baked eyeshadow and blush as well. However, with Hard Candy, they not only have amazing baked bronzers and blushes, their eyeshadows are quite the gems themselves.

Unfortunately, I only have two to share with you. The Walmarts around here have very minimal selections, but I am on the prowl for more; I'm still looking for Secret Rendezvous - pink and cranberry shadeHigh Maintenance and Rush Hour - both gorgeous shades of brownRock N Roll - pink and brown comboPearl Green and Blue - perfect pastel shades. It'll be a while until I am able to gather all of the duos I want.

All of the duos from the line is highly shimmery. The duos include one light shade and a darker shade. The light, light enough to be a highlight and the dark, dark enough for the crease, able to add definition and used as a liner. The shadows, both, are amazingly pigmented. Like I do not need to sweep my brushes back and forth many times in order to pick up the shadow. One sweep, pack it, and depending on how intense I want it to show up, I repeat the steps again. It doesn't take much honestly, because when I go for these duos, I am either in a hurry or rushing through my make up. This could be applied with fingers or brushes, it is very forgiving and extremely blendablefingers or brushes alike. Like most baked products, this shadow could be worn dry or wetWear dry for a soft, shimmery effect or wet for a dramatic finish. That's what I especially love about it. It's a duo but technically could be a quad. Wet and dry really does make a huge difference in the pigmentation and finish.

The first duo I bought was Peace. I used this duo nonstop for about a month after purchasing it. Peace is highly shimmery, consists of a golden-y champagne and a medium brown. I love, absolutely love this duo to bits. The champagne shade is perfect as a highlight for the inner corner and browbone. But when worn wet, it turns to a golden shade, kinda metallic-y. The brown when dry, is soft medium brown, gives the right amount of depth to the eyes. When wet though, it could be worn as a liner, yes, it is THAT intense. It is such a versatile brown, I sometimes reach for it even when I'm using another palette. This brown and shimmer compliments my skin tone very well. I am fair/light with yellow undertones.

Hard Candy Baked Eyeshadow - Peace

I was able to pick up another duo called Blind Date sometime after. Although I do not use this duo as much as Peace, I am still glad I had bought it. I looove this pink shade. When I'm suuuper lazy, I would wear this shadow alone; either alone by itself or to set a cream shadow, both of which I apply with my fingers. It brightens, but still gives my eyes some dimension. When worn wet, the pink turns a tad darker, which I only wear when I'm wearing make up, make up. For lazy days, it may be too intense so I opt to wear it dry. I am not a huge fan of the white, pearly shade though but it is indeed very useful. I wear it dry as a highlight in my inner corner and browbone. I also apply it on the center of my lids, like on the eyeball with my fingers when I'm done with my eye make up, just to give it more dimension; this method can be worn wet or dry, depending on how intense I want it to show up.

Hard Candy Baked Eyeshadow - Blind Date

Like most, if not all baked products, these duos are too, domed shaped. I have not hit pan with any of these so I can't tell ya how much eyeshadows are exactly packed in there. I've been using it diligently for a good while though and there seems to be plenty left. These duos are all $6, I found mine at Walmart and I do believe that Hard Candy is exclusively sold at Walmart...I may be wrong but I have not seen it anywhere else.

If you're interested in these duos, I recommend getting the more neutral shades, like PeaceHigh Maintenance or Rock N Roll. They're just very low maintenance, how ironic that High Maintenance is listed, perfect for a quick on the go look.

Thank you for joining me today and thanks a bunches for reading. See you all back here tomorrow for another inspired make up post. Byeee. :)
______________________________________

SONG OF THE DAY/MOMENT

I Love You - 2NE1




And of course our Big Bang dorks owning it!

No comments:

Post a Comment