About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Damaged Hautelook Order = Disappointment

Hi guys! Hope all is well for you. From the title of the post, you can probably guess what this is about...

placed an order on Hautelook for Sugar Cosmetics a few weeks ago and the order finally arrived yesterday. I was super excited and anxiously waiting for the package to arrive but to my utter dismay yesterday upon opening it.... I almost cried.

Damaged HauteLook Order

Instead of a nice clean box with the intact and wholesome products... I opened into a huge mess of dried out blue glitter chunks ALL over the place. It was all over the boxthe order paper, my other products. It was evident that a nail polish bottle broke but I was wondering why. Upon further inspection, I realized that they had packed my seven bottles of nail polish, which may I add that are extremely fragile and a couple more things with just two air bagsI always hated those air bags, I prefer the classic bubble wrap over that any day because guess what? Those two air bags were deflated and those bottles were banging up against each other.
NEVER use these to pack TINY or GLASS things like NAIL POLISH BOTTLES
The mess was caused by a nail polish bottle that broke from the neck. The blue glitter polish that was supposed to be in the bottle is now coating the box and the productsBesides that broken bottleseveral others of the bottles had cracks in them, so
if it had not arrived yesterday, I think they would have also broken off. It's not a big crack, but there's still a crack so air was let in so now the polish is chunky and gloopy. I don't think even nail polish thinner can even save that. There went the other four of the remaining six. The two that are left, I cannot even open without probably breaking the bottles. The dried up glitter polish got into the crevasse and basically super glued it shut. I don't know if I should risk shreds of glass on my hands attempting to open that.

Besides the nail polishes, I also ordered a Lip Scrub. The scrub is in a little jar container with a plastic twisty lid... Yeah... you know where this is heading. The side of the lid broke off so the oil in the scrub was seeping out. It wasn't that bad because it didn't get on anything else besides the jar. The scrub is now completely dried up. I guess I can still use it because it doesn't smell or look funny.
Last but not least, in that unfortunate order were three Shadow Stick. These I can definitely still use because they're in individual packaging so only the package was damaged. One stick though, the cap had a minor crack, but that's it nothing major.

shot an email to Hautelook Customer Service right away and they got back to me within an hour. The agent fully refunded me and apologized.  Honestly, no apologies were necessary because I know no one wanted this to happen. But it was nice to get refunded the full amount I paidThis will not stop me from future purchases from Hautelook, because as we speak, I just placed another orderHahaLesson not learned. It's just a shame cause I was really looking forward to try those nail polish. They look so pretty. I guess I'll have to wait until Sugar is featured on Hautelook again.

Just for fun, the cosmetic brand I ordered is called Sugar, I believe they're available at Kohl's if anywhere. The seven polishes I ordered were: Sugar Rush, Sugar Crystals, Sprinkles On Top, Mint Chocolate Chip, I Want S'more, Cookies N Cream and Cake Topping.

what they're SUPPOSED to look like
The Sugar-Licious Sugar Lip Scrub. This smells so delicious.
And the Sugarstick Cream Shadow Stick.
Thank you for joining me for another post, albeit today is more of a frustrated rant. Please come again soon. Thank you visiting and thanks a bunch for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment