About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Monday, March 16, 2015

Manicure Monday: Green for St. Patrick's Day

Happy early St. Patrick's Day! :) It is actually tomorrow, but what the hey, I'll greet y'all again tomorrow. It it Monday again, so you lovelies already know what kinda post this is gonna be; put two and two together and we have a manicure post inspired by St. Paddy's Day!
Quick! From the top of your head, name a few things that comes to mind when I say the words "St. Patrick's Day". Annnnd GO!
Tic....toc...tic...toc...
Okay, so some of the things that immediately comes to mind are green, gold, pots of gold, leprechauns, the Irish flag, clovers... Those were mine. With that said, I'm pretty sure you can already guess a few things about today's manicure.
Well, I won't keep y'all waiting. :P My 2015 St. Patrick's Day inspired manicure!
Manicure Monday: Green for St. Patrick's Day

Sinful Colors Professional Nail Colors in Garden Party
Sephore by OPI Nail Color in Keep Me On My Mistletoes
Pixi Beauty Nail Color in Lime Lustre
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Smooth & Strong Base Coat
All of the nails are done with two coats, one thin, one thick. In that order also, one thin coat, let dry, then a thick coat and allowed to be completely dry before moving on.
For my thumb, index finger and pinky, I just used Keep Me On My Mistletoes to create that slanted shape in the upper corner. That too, required two coats in order for the green underneath to not show up.
It's been a while, but Lime Lustre finally made its way out again. The last time I had used this was about 6 months ago on a manicure I called The Lone Strawberry. After Lime Lustre's second coat is completely, and I stress the COMPLETELY part, dried, I used a toothpick to pick up some Garden Party to create a line; this will be the stem of the clover so I also tried to center it as best to the ability of my naked eye as possible. Then I wiped the toothpick clean before picking up more Garden Party, this will prevent the toothpick to have too much dried up nail color on it's tip and would not give the precision needed. I wipe them for every other stroke. I just created three separate hearts and adjusted it as I went so it resembles more of a clover and less of hearts. I think I failed... :'( Hahaha, oh well, I shall do better next year!
Come to think of it, this year's manicure is way, way different than last. If you wanna read last year's post, click here. If not, lemme jog your memory. :P
Manicure Monday: St. Paddy's Inspired Greens Update
 So y'all have any plans for St. Paddy's Day tomorrow? Or are you like me and it's just another ordinary day. :D Don't forget to wear green though, to avoid getting pinched!!
Wishing you all a great night! As always, thank you for visiting and thanks for reading. Please come back soon. Speaking of which, I'm not sure if I can post tomorrow. I'm still not over this stomach flu and I have a few appointments I must get to tomorrow so... We'll see? I apologize that it's been sporadic lately. I know that I was very diligent about posting daily for the first year, I promise that I'm not doing it on purpose. I assure you that the blogging passion is still there, it's just... Life happens, unexpected things occur that are totally out of my control. Ahhhhhh, sorry guys, I do my best to post everyday. I'll try harder to make it happen! *makes fist with that determined face*

No comments:

Post a Comment