About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Thursday, February 26, 2015

BH Cosmetics 10 Color Palette: Foundation/Concealer & Blush

wpid-img_20150226_134634.jpg
Why hello, hello there my dear lovely readers. I hope you're all doing well today. Just one more day until the weekend guys, just ONE. More. Day. :D
Today, I bring y'all another mini-mini haul, some BH Cosmetics, a couple products I picked up from Hautelook some weeks ago. It actually arrived last Friday but I didn't get around to opening it until today. I have been trying to get my hands on these two items for as long as I can remember. They're both the 10 color palette, the first being the Professional Blush and the second being the Foundation & Concealer.
Even with constant sales and clearances going on on the BH Cosmetic sites, the events on Hautelook tends to be cheaper so I always look forward to the events to stock up. Unfortunately, I was always too late to pick these two palettes up as they are clearly very popular. I was able to snag the Foundation & Concealer Palette for $12 and the Blush for $7.50. Although BH Cosmetics aren't top of the line, they are still able to get the job done. You get what you pay for, but with BH Cosmetics, you get what you pay for, plus more.
I love palettes with large varieties like this because it is so convenient to travel with. I don't even need to pack a bunch of individual blushes because all I need is to throw this into my case and I am good to go. The case quality from BH isn't bad either. I won't need to worry about the case breaking off and the products getting everywhere. BH Cosmetics products are pretty reliable when it comes to being travel friendly. I plan on going on a one week cruise sometime next year and I am thinking about bringing this blush palette along with my the Balm How About Them Apples? cream palette. Two palettes that wouldn't take up much room and I'll have all the shade ranges and finishes I need.
Check out the two palettes below. :P
wpid-20150226_133220_richtonehdr.jpg
First off, the Professional Blush Palette. As previously mentioned, the palette includes 10 shades that ranges from neutral to vibrant, matte to shimmer. These blushes are in powder form so don't be confused that it might be a cream even though it comes in a palette as such.
wpid-picsart_1424984317068.jpg
As you can see, the 10 shades are dramatically different in ranges. Top left and top right can be worn as a bronzer for me because I have fair skin but for anyone with darker skin, I think it would look gorgeous as a blush. In contrast, the second shade from top left is so light, I might be able to use it as a highlight instead.
My automatic favorites has to be the top row, third one over and bottom row, first and fourth ones. I just absolutely love pink blushes, they're just so natural and cute. But of course, the corals and oranges are beautiful as well, perfect the heated Summer that is to come.
I will not swatch them yet because with 10 shades, I don't even know if I have enough room on my arms to swatch, but I will swatch as I use them for y'all.
wpid-20150226_133232_richtonehdr.jpg
And second, the Foundation & Concealer Palette. Like the Professional Blush Palette, this palette also consists of 10 colors. The shades ranges from the fairest to the darkest with both warm and cool undertones. Unlike the Blush Palette, this palette are cream products.
wpid-picsart_1424984383262.jpg
The beauty of a concealer palette with variety is that you can mix and blend the shades to create new ones. If these concealers are anything I've tried from BH before, they should be buildable, so you can build up the coverage to your desire.
I have always been on the lookout for a good cream highlight and bronzer. I wanted to try out that sculpted look that's been ever so popular nowadays but I didn't have any cream bronzer and highlight. This was the main reason why I had picked up this palette in the first place. I can use that ghostly fair shade up top as a highlight and the darker shades on the bottom as bronzer to sculpt my nose and cheekbones. Even if I wasn't going for that Kim K look, I still need a good cream product to contour my nose. I have been using only a powder, and yeah, it's working but by midday, the oil from my skin will kinda wash the powder away and I'll have to reapply. Hopefully with a cream base, I can eliminate that issue.
Another pro for having a concealer palette is the handiness when it comes to skin color changes from the seasons. Although I cannot tan for the life of me, even though I live in AZ; I'm the type that just turns lobster red, peel, and goes back to being fair as dough. I do however, get SOME color in the Summer months because during the Winter months, I do notice a change in color as I return to being super pale again. With that said, I do need a large range of concealers and foundations to match my ever changing skin. With a palette now, I can just mix and blend to my desire.
Again, I will not swatch these just yet. I will swatch them as I use them. If you're interested, please follow me on Instagram as I will most likely post the swatches and impression on there.
Instagram
Thank you for dropping by to visit and thanks for reading. Y'all enjoy your night now. Please come back soon. :)
**All pics on today's blog are unfiltered to show the original shade and intensity**

No comments:

Post a Comment