About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Friday, April 25, 2014

Today's Make Up: Chun/Cheon Song Yi Obsession

Today's Make Up: Chun/Cheon Song Yi Obsession

Heeeeey guys! Beautiful Friday it is here in the AZ. According to the weather forecast, there's a 40% chance Arizona is getting rain tomorrow. I looooove the rain, so normally, I would be in anticipation. Except, there's gonna be a BBQ and pool party tomorrow...really?! 


I recently finished My Love From Another Star, it's a Korean Drama that aired its finale like two months ago. I was crazy busy but finally found time to finish it off. Ugggh, I miss it already! So I know I am super late to mention this now, but the heroine/female protagonist, Chun/Cheon Song Yi looks freaken amazing....Her make up was so on par that it is now a craze in and out of Korea. Everyone is quick to recreate her trademark make up from the drama, natural facesimple eyesstraight dark brows with bold lips. Throughout the whole drama, 21 episodes long, no matter for what occasion, she would sport a bold lip, in different colors like red, orange, hot pink. I really like her in the hot pink lipstick so that's what I'm using today.


Chun/Cheon Song Yi is a sassy, diva who is a Hallyu actress, her personality to match her fame. In real life, Jun Ji Hyun/Gianna Jun is the real life Hallyu actress she portrays although her personality is the exact opposite from her character. She is a goddness that never seems to age. She has elegance, is sexy, cute when she wants to; men love herwomen envy her. Yep...pretty much.
Jun Ji Hyun in 2001
In 2014, doesn't look 32 does she?...
Inspired look for today.
"Shawry"
Today's Make Up: Chun/Cheon Song Yi Obsession Detail

FACE
Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 002
Pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach
Covergirl + Olay Concealer Balm in Fair
Revlon Colorstay Whipped in Nude
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Sandstorm
Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer in Sun Glow
ELF Essential Blush in Shy
Hard Candy Baked Bronzer in Tiki

EYES
NYX HD Eyeshadow Base (ESB04)
Sonia Kashuk Eye On Neutral 02
NYX The Curve
Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara

LIPS
BH Cosmetics Waterproof Lip Liner in Raspberry
City Color City Chic Lipstick in Pucker Up
ELF Essential Super Glossy Lip Shine in Houston

Chun/Cheon Song Yi's face was flawless with no blemishes, just baby soft skin that looks absolutely natural. Since my skin is nowhere near her skin, I must take extra steps to create that "flawless" skin. I start off with a great hydrating moisturizer, I'm still using my Olay Complete with SPF for Oily/Combo Skin; it keep my skin moisturized throughout the year without being excessively oily during the warmer months. After moisturizer, I prep my skin by applying a thin layer of primer all over. This primer claims to be great for the skin in five ways, smooths, resurface, brighten, mattify and protect. I feel that it does live up to such claims. Next, using Pixi concealer, I dabbed and blended it out around my eyes. For the rest of the face, I used Covergirl + Olay Concealer Balm because it feels lightweight even though it is a full coverage concealer. In order to attain that skin-like natural texture with full coverage yet doesn't look heavy or cakey, I used my Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation. This foundation has a whipped-like-mousse texture, a little goes a long way, very blendable and extreme long-wearing. I used my Rimmel Stay Matte powder to set the foundation, concentrating on my T-Zone, because I'm in Arizona and the temp is in the 90s today... Oily face is not attractive. If you look at her make up, she barely has on bronzer and you could hardly see her blush. In order to achieve that, I used a mousse bronzer for a more subtle lookpowder could look a bit harsh. As for a blush, I chose a light pink with bits of shimmer; this blush definitely gave me a barely-there-but-you-know-something's-there type look. You probably see me using my Hard Candy Baked Bronzer as a highlight a lot. The shade, Tiki, is very light, too light for bronzer, but it is by no means a true highlight shade either. Like a real highlight is like white-ish, iridescent glow, sometimes casting a white cast or too glowy to look naturalTiki gives me a glow, and because it is a bronzer, it also brings some sun glowiness to my face. I dunno, it just looks more natural since it's really close to my skin tone. With that, we finished with the face.

Now for the eyes, which in contrary to other looks where the eyes are complicated and most time consuming, for this look, the eyes are so simple you can probably do it with your eyes closed.... But don't do that though. :P First, I primed my eyes, then taking a flat eyeshadow brush into a peachy-coral shadow from my Sonia Kashuk palette, I pack it on, all over my lids, bringing it up to the crease also. Took a pencil brush and the light cream shade to my inner corner and browbone. Then used a fluffy brush to buff and blend the edges so it isn't as harsh. I chose a liner that isn't especially black, I mean, it's black but not intensely black. I lined my upper lash lineTHINLY. You can barely see Song Yi has on any liner, so don't flick it up, out or down. Just extend it out to your outer corner a bit and that's it. Song Yi has gorgeous long, voluminous lashes, so I took my hairdryer and heated up my lash curler a bit then curled my lashesBe careful, don't burn yourself. Then I used Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Mascara that will lengthen and provides me with voluminous lashes that will hold all day.

Today's Make Up: Chun/Cheon Song Yi Obsession Eyes & Lips

Lastly, them lips. Remember to exfoliate first to get healthy, lovely lips. I chose to sport hot pink lips for today, so I start off with a nice hydrating lip balm. Then I took my lip liner to line and fill in my whole entire lips. I let it sit for about a minute or two before I take a clean Kleenex and lightly blotting my lips. I used City Color City Chic Lipstick in Pucker Up for today, very pretty hot pink, I applied that all over. Lastly, this is optional, but I took a similar shade gloss and put that in the middle of my lower lip.

And that's it, that's how I did my make up today, inspired by Chun/Cheon Song Yi. It was fun, it's always fun.  Now that this drama ended, I started a new project. My current Korean Drama right now is Emergency Couple starring  Song Ji Hyo and Choi Jin Hyuk. I am really liking the make up of one character in that drama. If I ever decide to recreate her look, it will be a sure post. Stay tuned. ;)


As always, I appreciate your visitation and thanks a bunch for reading! :) Come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment