About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Friday, May 23, 2014

Today's Make Up: Megan Lee "8dayz" Inspired Makeup

Hello my beauties! Happy, happy Friday!!

I went swimming today, ugh, the water felt so nice. Most amazing swim in a while. I think I somehow got sunburned though, like my skin feels tight and stiff even though I went through drastic measures to protect myself. Maybe because I am naturally fair skinned, but I cannot tan for the life of me. Instead, I turn lobster red, peel like string cheese and I'm back to my fair self. All of that pain for nothing. The first few swims of the season, no matter how protected I am, my skin still manages to somehow gets damaged. As the season goes on, the skin stiffness also lessens until it is all gone. I think it just needs getting use to the sun and chlorine exposure.

Annnnyways, before I took a dip in the pool though, I did paint my face this morning. I had a couple of errands to run and some concealers and mascara would have been okay but somehow I felt the urge to sit down and enjoy a full hour of therapeutic makeup session. Maybe it was my conscience telling me that I skipped out being lazy for two days, time to "make up" for it. Hahaha.

So that is what I did, although it did not take an hour, it was a good 30-ish minutes of relaxation. Today's make up is inspired from another K-Pop MV, this time from Youtube star Megan Lee. She is now a solo singer in Korea and recently made her debut with the song "8dayz".

Inspired look for today
Today's Make Up: Megan Lee "8dayz" Inspired Makeup

FACE
Benefit The POREfessional
Pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach
Revlon Photo Ready Concealer in Light
Skin79 Super+ BB Triple Function
Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder in Classic Ivory
Physicians Formula Bronze Gems Healthy Glow Bronzer
ELF Baked Blush in Passion Pink
Wet N Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana

EYES
NYX HD Eyeshadow Base in ESB04
Milani Shadow Eyez in Champagne Toast 03
Milani Powder Eyeshadow in Pitch Black
Wet N Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Single in Cheeky
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On  Eye Pencil in Perversion
Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara

LIPS
Benefit Benetint
NYX Butter Lip Balm in Ladyfingers

In order to achieve vibrant, glowing skin, I used my dr. brandt Microdermabrasion to exfoliate the dead skin and dullness away. Never, never ever forget to moisturize, I am still using my favorite Olay Moisturizer for Combo/Oily Skin with SPF to keep me protected in the Arizona sun. After the moisturizer is dried, I applied a primer to fill in the pores creating a smooth canvas. The dark circles under my eyes are still somewhat visible, nothing this Correction Concentrate cannot cover. For the rest of my blemishes, I used Revlon Photo Ready Concealer, this baby gave me all the coverage I needed without making my face cakey. With a damp beauty blender, I pick up the BB Cream and dabbed that all over my face. When it comes to beauty blenders, I usually take my sweet time to dab it on, a little at a time. I love the feeling of using a beauty blender, it looks natural and it feels as if it's one with my skin, not to mention the dewy finish it leaves. To set all of that, I used my new Dream Wonder Powder. As for contouring, you can see that she barely has any, but I went ahead and used a very light, matte shade to contour my face. I used a matte highlight to bring light to my face without the unnecessary shimmer that she doesn't have also. Since my face is kept very matte up until now, I thought a little glow from the blush would be okay. This Baked Blush is very natural looking with just the right amount of pink glow.

There's really nothing fancy going on with her lips. After I gave my lips a good scrubbin', I applied a hydrating lip balm. I dotted Benetint on the inner lips, top and bottom. I let that dry up before I applied another layer. When the tint is completely dried, I then applied Ladyfingers to top everything off.
I start off by priming my eyes with NYX HD Eyeshadow Base to ensure no creasing and fading midday and since I will be working with some intense colors, this will also serve as a base so the shadows will show up more vibrantly. I used Champagne Toast on my lids, inner corner and browbone. Gotta love these shadow pencils, so dang handy. With a pencil brush I took Pitch Black to the outer corner and created a V going out. From my upper lid, I started where the Iris ended and pulled it out; from the bottom, I also start where the Iris ended and pulled it out. For the two to meet, I created a V shape, so now my eyes look more elongated. I keep packing the elongated V until it is completely filled in with black, which with this shadow it does not take much effort. With another pencil brush, I took Cheeky to the border of the V leaving the middle of it still black. I kept packing and blending until I like how the pink and black blends together. With a clean fluffy brush, I cleaned up the edges so it doesn't look messy. I used a pencil liner to tightline my upper waterline and upper lash line. I just let the line extend with the guide of the V. I took a smudge brush and kinda smudge the liner a bit to create a softer look. I curled my lashes and coat them in a coat of mascara.

Before we move onto the lips, please make sure that there are no black shadow fall outs on your face. Use a fan brush to gently sweep it off.

I had this on for maybe no more than five hours before all of it came off. It was fun creating this look, something I definitely will not wear on a day to day basis. I hope you guys enjoyed it, if you did, please look forward to others inspired posts in the future. As always, thank you a bunches for visiting and I really appreciate you taking your time to read. Enjoy your three-day weekend!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment