About Me

My photo
So basically me in a nutshell... I AM ♥Vietnamese-American ♥Single ♥Make-Up Junkie ♥Extreme K-Popper ♥Asian Dramas Maniac ♥Blogger ♥Youtuber And you can... FIND ME AT ♥Wordpress ♥Blogger ♥Instagram ♥Pinterest ♥Tumblr ♥Twitter ♥Kakao ♥KIK ♥iPsy ♥Facebook ♥Youtube

Saturday, June 07, 2014

May iPsy Bag: Beauty's Fresh Picks Update


Heeeeey everybody! It is time for another iPsy Bag update!

First off, for the recordthis hair mask did not live up to expectations. It wasn't by any means a bad hair mask, it just didn't do anything special to my hair that my Suave Conditioner cannot do. It made my hair silkysmoothshiny and nourished my hair from the chlorine-filled pool and Arizona sun. I've also read from various reviews that this hair mask was able to nurse damaged hair due to bleaching and/or dried out hair from styling back to health. It also works well for those with fine, thin hair as this mask strengthen the hair strands and provides extra moisture for those with natural curly hair.

My hair has never been dyed or bleachednaturally straight and thickalmost never use styling tools and the only "damage" it suffers are from the chlorine and sun so this mask didn't really give me any oomphs. Like I said, my Suave Conditioner does my hair the same goods for less than a dollar while this is $12 for 60 mL and $40 for a 500 mL. Besides that, I really liked the smell though, I thought it smelt amazing.

I will recommend this hair mask to those with thin, brittle hair, naturally curly hair, frizzy hair and those whose hair is damaged from bleaching and dying them.

Hang Ten Classic Sport SPF50I am glad I received this in my bag this month. Although I did not repurchase it...yet, as it is $12.99, I'm glad I got to try it out. I have used this sun block enough times to know how it works for me. It smells great, it dries almost immediately, it's not greasy and it really does protect from the sun. Because I received such a small bottle, I was only able to experiment it on my face. I've worn it aloneunderneath a BB Cream and foundationmixed it with a BB Cream and foundation; I must say, I liked all of the combo listed above. It locked in the moisturekept my skin hydrated, made my makeup last somewhat longer. When mixed with a BB Cream or foundation, it gives off a natural glow which is so pretty.

I will continue to use NeutrogenaCoppertone and Banana Boat as these have worked well for me through the years and will reserve what I have left of this Hang Ten for special occasions like when I go boating at the lake or any other outdoor activities.

Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo in Duo #1 Celestial & OpalAfter I got over the fact of how cheap the packaging was, I was thoroughly surprised of how awesome this duo is. This duo is especially made for iPsters and unfortunatelyif you would like to get your hands on it, will have to purchase the palette. The palette called, Mystical Supernatural includes four shadows for $14 on its site.

subconsciously reached for this duo quite often ever since receiving it. There's nothing especially amazing about it, it's just I've been lazy and only wear one shade of shadow so I can get away with blending. This duo conveniently has a highlight and all over the lid shade. What did surprised me was the seemingly beige shade came out to a pinkish-white color and the seemingly light caramel shade comes out to be a pearly beigeBlendability wise, I"ll give it an A because I had no issues of it skipping or dragging on meEasy for the brush to pick up, spread on like butter. And guys, no fall outs! Oh yeah, I did put this to the ultimate test and wore it without a primer...yeah.. never again. It creased like three hours in. With a primer, it will
last all day, errr, most of the day.

I'll say this, as much as I loved this duo, I will not shell out $14 for a quad of eyeshadows. That is ridiculously pricey.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte BronzerA little goes a loooong way is especially true for this little guy. Which is good because if I were to purchase the full size product, it's $30. I cannot say I will never purchase the full size because I already owned the full size prior receiving this in my bag. This bronzer is by far my ultimate favorite high end bronzer, hands down. The texture is super creamysuper blendablesmells so delicious. It works with my skin tone well and I cannot only use it as a bronzer but also as an eyeshadow.

Although I have the full sized and now this deluxe sample, I cannot bear to use them. Only on special, special occasions will I pull them out and use 'em. They're too precious and pricey to be used everydayAhhh...

Avene Thermal Spring WaterI forget if I mentioned this in one of my posts already or not but I placed an order for two 10.58 oz bottles... Because this is pretty amazing and a major necessity in my daily routines. Yes, I came to love this "water" so much. I loved it so much this product actually made my favorite list this month.

Okay, so I guess here is where I gotta explain why I am so in love with this productI really don't know why guys. And if you read the reviews for this, comments from people who feels nothing special for this product greatly out numbers those who enjoys it. I am one of the few who likes it, which is a bit weird because it is technically just a can full of "water".

Here are some of the reasons why I am
crazed enough to buy cans with water for $18 each. First off, I used this as a setting spray for my makeup and have realized that it keeps my skin hydrated in the hot weatherkeeps my makeup in place longer and it refreshes my makeup midday. I also mist this on my face after a workout which instantly cools me off in a way that normal water cannot. And trust me, I've tried misting with water before. I also mist my face before bed which locks the moisture in until morning. I also used this once or twice after shaving my legs but I felt no difference there so I stopped. Although my brother did say he felt a feeling of refreshness after misting it after shaving.

Off to a family gathering I go. Enjoy the rest of your day guys. Have a good weekend!

Thanks all for visiting and reading! Come back soooooon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment